Total Pageviews

Friday 9 December 2011

Legsheild Toolbox


Legsheild Toolbox words




Part of the MKll is a steel toolbox that sits on the inside of the leg Shields. This item was missing form my collection of bits from the previous owner. I foud a website in the USA which was so cheap it covered the cost of postage.









When  ordering I had a choice of no holes or two holes. So I ordered the no holes version as I am not keen on the blanking plate if l was unable to find an original wind up clock for the left hand side hole.









The one draw back is the speedometer sits in this toolbox so I need to cut a 47mm hole out of the toolbox. I need to mark a circle that is 47 mm in diameter and drill a few holes just inside the line. Remove the center and file to the line.







Not a bad job but next time I would buy with the holes and fill the clock side.











A coat of spray filler to show all the low spots.





















































 Now fit toolbox to the legsheild.
Ready for the toolbox.








Four bolts on the inside

Then fit toolbox rubber.Then fit toolbox lock and check the door closes nicely.

























Then fit the speedometer. 


A home made clamp for the speedometer was made as l was not going to pay £13 on E*£y. 












Nice snug fit al-round.






Looks cool I think.














http://www.shermonkel.com/


theraleighchopper.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment