Total Pageviews

Thursday 5 April 2012

Getting Lindy on the road

 My journey so far


1. Restore scooter £3600  (DONE)

2. Join the Vintage motor scooter club. - £10  Lambretta Club of Great Briton  (DONE)


3. Apply for dating certificate from LCGB, send photos of Chassis and frame number. - £10  (DONE)

4. MOT scooter - £30.00  (DONE)

5. Request a V55/5 form from the DVLA (I had to do this 7 times still not turned up). They have taken 5 weeks to arrive.  (DONE)

6. Insure Scooter - I have NOT now used Bennetts they will insure your scoot on a Chassis number.  change of plan, Bennetts is not the one. I have had so much trouble with them. no one at Bennetts mentioned that when you insure with the frame number you have 30 days to get your log book/ reg sent to them. I have had the policy automatically cancelled as the time DVLA has taken went passed the 30 days. £30 cancellation charge plus 40% so lost most of my money, Bennets were a nightmare. I have now insured with Carol Nash again I now have 30 days to give my reg.  (DONE)

7. Send to your nearest DVLA Licensing office:
V55/5 form filled in
Insurance certificate
MOT
Dating certificate
Payment of £55
I also sent photos of Scooter rubbings of the chassis and engine number  (DONE)

(The DVLA  sometimes ask to inspect it at a local DVLA facility). and low and behold I have to take my Lindy there on the 24th, hey ho.
Also they insist I fill in a IMPORT PERMANENTLY FROM THE EEC form, when I rang to question  this I got through to the nice people in Swansea and they can't discuss your case only the local office and will not give the local number so you have to drive or write. All this time is eating in to my 30 days for the insurance.


8. Take scooter (on trailer) to pre arranged Inspection point. also had to fill in a VAT form. They will give you the reg same day if you hang around. Reg given on the day ?35 YUM,,,,,,,,,,,great, along with vintage tax disc .  (DONE) 

9. Order number plate on line DVLA give you a V948 to send away for your plate until the log book comes.  (DONE)

10. plate arrive bolt on.  (DONE)

11. Receive V5C in the post after a few days

12. RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (DONE)

13. SOLD  (DONE)




Use the lift to push on to the truck.


Tie down well to take to DVLA.


New plate arrives, all legal now.
















No comments:

Post a Comment